Request for Letters of Accommodation

Requesting Letters of Accommodation

Students registered with Learning Disability Services (LDS) with a permanent disability who DO NOT need changes to their academic accommodations, must complete a LDS Request for Letters of Accommodation Form to request their Letters of Accommodation.  Academic accommodations will be approved for the academic year ( e.g. September 2017 to August 2018) when Letters of Accommodation are generated.

Students who are registered with LDS with a temporary disability, or those would like to discuss changes to their accommodations, should call our office to schedule an appointment with their Disability Counsellor.

Hours of operation and contact information are available from our Contact Us page.

Please Note:  LDS relies upon the contact information provided to the university (e.g. telephone number) to reach students registered with our office.  Update/verify your contact information with York online via the Student Personal Information page on the Registrar's Office website.

Picking-Up Requested Letters of Accommodation

Letters of Accommodation requested by students registered with LDS will be available for pick-up from W128 Bennett Centre, one week from the date of the request.

To pick-up your letters, you will be asked to show your York YU-card.

It is expected that students registered with our office who require test/exam, classroom or practicum accommodations will discuss their academic accommodation needs and provide Letters of Accommodations to each of their course directors at the start of the academic term or as early in the term as reasonably possible.

Information for Students Registered with MHDS, PSMDS or Accessibility Services at Glendon

Students registered with Mental Health Disability Services (MHDS) or Physical, Sensory & Medical Disability Services (PSMDS) at the Keele campus should submit requests for Letters of Accommodation to MHDS or PSMDS via their websites (we cannot generate letters for students registered with another unit within Disability Services).

Glendon students should contact Accessibility, Well-Being, and Counselling at Glendon to request their Letters of Accommodation.