Thank you for submitting your Registration Form! Feel free to contact us by phone (416)736-5383 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not hear from us within 3 business days.
We can’t wait to meet with you! Your intake appointment will be scheduled shortly. During intake you will have the opportunity to meet with a small group of students, meet 1:1 with your Disability Counselor/Educator, and possibly explore the campus. While you wait, there are things you can be doing to support your transition to York.
- Make sure you have set up an appointment for course selection/advising. Ideally this will be after my intake appointment with LDS. If not, I have carefully considered my course load as to how many I can manage and whether the courses suit my learning profile.
Many first year students do not enroll in 5 courses – there is just so much to learn about university and being a university student that focusing on a good year and good grades often means enrolling in 3 or 4 courses to start.
- Check out the Bookstore where you can order your books for your classes – your professors have generally placed orders early in the summer and the bookstore knows what you need. Make you do not write in them until after you are sure you have the right textbooks at http://bookstore.yorku.ca/
- Find out where your classes will be held – the building and room number is printed right on your schedule
- Arrange to get your YUCard http://yucard.info.yorku.ca/where-to-use-it/
- Figure out how you are going to get to campus – check out bus routes http://www.yorku.ca/parking/ and parking options. http://www.yorku.ca/trnsprt/
- Fill out a Student Financial Profile http://sfs.yorku.ca/services/sfp/
- Apply for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) ** to determine whether I am eligible for bursaries http://www.osap.gov.on.ca Even if you don’t intend to use a student loan – you need to be eligible for it in order to access the bursary
** Please note: at least a 40% course load is considered full time for students with a documented permanent disability for OSAP purposes.
It is to your advantage to check the permanent disability box on the OSAP application, but this will depend on whether your documentation is complete and current. Proof will be required to process your OSAP application, by sending documents to the Financial Aid Office at York. Alternatively, your LDS advisor can provide confirmation of a permanent disability to the Financial Aid Office based on your documentation, if appropriate.
Check out the resources available to all students at YUStart.